Monday, November 26, 2007

Cyber Monday

The fuzzy season is officially here; or should I say funny season. This involves mandatory Christmas stories in every news cast or paper. We have already had stories involving, Black Friday the official start to the Christmas shopping season and the day after Thanksgiving; and Cyber Monday (11/26), the biggest online shopping day in the calendar. Americans return to work today and log onto their computers after the long Thanksgiving (11/22) weekend and a huge portion of those Americans will go shopping for Christmas presents. Brick and mortar stores and online shopping malls are geared up to offer huge discounts to these eager and apparently not too busy shoppers.
Incentives like free shipping and iPods for 77% discount encourage shoppers to buy online.
I never liked to buy online before. I wanted to see the item I was buying before I spent my money, but I have been converted. Now, I like the convenience sitting in my bedroom (that’s were I have my computer) spending money. I have never been disappointed by what I have bought online and this has played a role in my online shopping experience. I thrust the security precautions taken by major online sites and this also helps. Finally, I absolutely hate walking around shops looking for something unique to buy friends and family. It’s boring and time consuming.
So what will I buy this year? Well, my niece and nephew in Dublin have asked for anything Barbie and Power Rangers; also, if I saw anything to do with the movie the ‘Incredibles’ that would be fine too.
My two nieces in California are a bigger problem. I know they love sports, but getting young girls a present they will use or wear can be problematic. Money is always welcome but too impersonal.
So I intend to keep you informed of what I buy folks for Christmas. Since nobody reads this blog, I feel I won’t reveal any secrets.

No comments: